Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Capisci l'Italiano?

One ongoing project is to try to tune my ear to l'italiano. I know I won't be able to listen nearly fast enough, but I'm hoping by the time I get there to be able to get a general drift. I'm kind of OK reading printed Italian from those HS Latin classes, but machine-gun fast italiano? Going to be a stretch.
So I have various Italian language CDs and tapes and I listen to them as I cruise up and down GA 400 on my way to and from work. I wish I could afford the Rosetta Stone set, but ye gods and little fishes, it's $300+ USED.
Then sometimes, before I got to sleep, I'll turn the wee Dell netbook on and tune in to one of the Italian radio stations on the Internet. http://www.listenlive.eu/italy.html has a nice list of Italian stations of various sorts from news and talk through opera, techno, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment