Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Falling into Place

My voice is recovering. I have scavi tickets. I received this: Dear Ms. Palmer:
We are happy to assist you with 1 ticket for the Pope's General Audience on February XX
; I have tickets for the Vatican Museums and the Colosseum/Forum. I have ordered the European cell phone from Mobal (very cool - a simple one time purchase and then pay for use - no monthly or annual fees) and it has shipped and I have a tracking number.

The only remaining things to do are talk to the bank about using ATMs in Italy and getting a Tip Pak from AAA so I have some € when I arrive. And moving some more $ to AmEx and trip insurance and ordering tickets on the airport shuttle and packing and getting Her Royal Grumpiness Delilah Fuzzybutt all set up to survive in my absence.

I need to hit the ground running this weekend if I am going to get things squared away and be 90% ready a week from Sunday. Granted, I will have Monday am, Monday night and Tuesday am for last minute, but I would really rather not be rushed.

And this time, two weeks from now, I will be in Rome, probably on my way from the shuttle to my pied a terre for the trip. I'm beginning to believe in this - this is the sort of adventure I should have been figuring out how to have all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment