Friday, February 24, 2012

Sadly, sadly Friday came and went

Ms. Packratty had a busy day Friday. She went to the Museo Nazionale Romano and Crypti Balbi and finished the rest of her shopping, including springing (thanks to her parents) for a really pretty pair of earrings in an Etruscan style with rubies, sapphires and pearl drops. Small, expensive and Roman.

Again, there was much walking, a excursion to UPIM, one of the Roman department stores; the grocery, where I purchased the mirto requested by friend Muir, who was stationed in Sardinia some years back, etc. Bought myself a great fake designer purse too.

And came back and packed most of my things.

One thing I realized on the train coming home from the second museum is that for nearly ten days, I have not seen a male with his pants falling off his arse and how very little I missed it. As in not at all. Completely not at all. And NO RAP or hiphop "music" either. Along with bread that tastes like bread and other aspects of terrific food, the absence of rap and pants off arses has been a real visual and auditory holiday.

If her lottery scratch off had won the 500.000€ prize, she'd have been coming home only long enough to collect Charlie and Delilah

Heading back to the apartment to get my code so I can print my boarding pass, nip up to the Tabbacheria and buy a couple of folks some Italian ciggies and then have dinner. Up at 5 a.m. is going to hurt, but at least Ms. Packratty will have the consolation of good coffee and the Leonardo Express to help ease some of the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment